In Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010, you can read emails either in the reading pane or in a separate window. In this blog post, we will show you how to change the zoom settings for both of them.
Two important things to note:
- Microsoft Office 2007 does not have a zoom slider in the preview pane.
- Changes made to zoom settings while reading emails will not be saved in both Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. So when you read the next email, you will have to change the zoom settings again.
Reading Pane – There are a couple of ways to change the zoom in the reading pane (or the preview
- Zoom Slider – The zoom slider is usually located in the bottom right-hand corner of the preview or reading pane. You can move the slider up and down to change the zoom level.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel – Press the "Ctrl" key and roll your scroll wheel to increase or decrease the zoom level. (Note that the mouse icon has to be positioned over the reading pane while you perform this action). The wheel in the middle of the picture is the scroll wheel.
Read Email in a separate Message Window - There are a couple of ways to change the zoom in the Message Window:
- Zoom Button - When you open an email or calendar item to read in a separate window, the Zoom can be changed using the Zoom button which appears in the ribbon on top. The Zoom button launches the "Zoom Dialog" where you can adjust the Zoom setting.
- Using Ctrl + Mouse Wheel as mentioned above.